Always happens. Every Monday I wake up and think "remember when it was Friday? That was cool."
I think because we were so busy last weekend, there was no real "stop time" between the weeks making last week seem fooooorever long. We aren't the busiest people on weekends; one because I am so anti-social, and two because John works so much he really uses his weekends for resting, so when we have a busier-than-usual weekend we usually follow it with a two or three really low-key weekends. I made a very short to do list, leaving us time to mostly just hang out at home. It was awesome. And seemed foreeeevvver long. But now its Monday again, and I'm thinking..what, how!?
But because I think even the low-key weekends count, I'm going to recap a tiny bit for my own memories sake. I had this thought the other morning that made me sad, I couldn't remember what I used to like to eat for breakfast last summer. I know it doesn't matter, (at all!!) but sometimes I feel like I barely remember life as it passes. If I could remember what I was obsessed with for breakfast (because I am always obsessed with something) then would I remember more of that time frame too? Maybe, maybe not, but here's to trying. *Right now- pancakes with berries and honey*
(Feel free to press the little 'x' in the corner now. because, boring)
We went to Costco early-ish on Saturday to do a big food haul. I haven't really been "into" grocery shopping lately for some reason, so there has been very little real food or meal planning going on. So when I had cereal for dinner Friday night, and then John came home and scavenged the cupboards finally deciding on a can of minestrone soup (NOT soup weather here people), we decided that we really needed to get some food going on. We used to do a Costco run every weekend, but just kind of got sick of it and have only been going about once a month lately. We go through phases I guess. So we really stocked up this time. The first thing out of my mouth when I walked into the kitchen this morning was "we have a lot of food." (Said in very excited voice!!) The thing about Costco though, is that even though you know it's a good deal, it's so hard to stomach the end total. And of course we got a whole pizza to take home. Half the reason we're members at Costco is for the pizza and hot dogs.
We also had to go to Walmart because John gets this yogurt from there that I cannot seem to find anywhere else. I don't think I need to tell you how Walmart was, because you know. And speaking of being awkward, (Candace) in the middle of a busy aisle I picked up a pumpkin candle to smell and said out loud "oh that feels so good." ...I meant to say "smells" so good. I am the worst. I could write a book, I swear.
It was like 105 degrees outside which is slowly starting to kill me. I can't breath. I'm breaking out. The AC bill keeps going up and up and up, and we don't even care. We don't even live near where the dumpsters are here, but all I could smell the other morning was hot garbage. (And don't even get me started on walking past the dog poop bins.) I almost convinced John to go swimming with me Saturday, but after we took Ted for a long-ish walk I realized I did not want to leave the cool apartment ever again. I don't think pool water would even help. And the worst part is that I know it's still going to get hotter..
John got me a gift card because I wouldn't shut up about how a new swim suit would solve all my problems. (He really is the best.) So I ordered this one in purple. Then he so kindly offered "let's just go to the pool when your new bathing suit comes in"...in two weeks haha. (For the record he loves to swim, just hates the sun. What a combo right?)
We tried to watch a movie Saturday night and I don't know about any other couples, but how hard is it to pick a movie???! I swear we spend more time picking a movie than actually watching the movie. We each picked a few choices, wrote them down on little pieces of paper and put them in a hat to choose one. Then it turned into picking them until we pull the same one 3 times. This is impossible by the way, so we just went with the first pick. (Only afterwards did John tell me that he put my top contender in his pocket, not in the hat lol.) About 5 minutes into that movie, we decided to change to another movie that was not even in the hat. And 20 minutes later we decided to just go to bed. Where in bed we each watched separate movies on our phones under the covers. We should have just done that from the beginning haha.
Since we feel so bad for Ted that he can't play outside much lately because of the heat, we took him early Sunday morning to the dog park to go swimming. We're new to the dog park world, but is there always some person or dog who ruins it for everyone?! There is always someone we end up trying to avoid. Kind of annoying. I think we need to join a puppy play group. (Is that a real thing?) Also I was laughing to myself because, how funny is it that all these dogs are running around like crazy, and people are shouting out human names at them. Like, "Lester! Samantha! Richard! TED!" I don't know why, but I found it so funny yesterday. We didn't stay too long, but long enough that Ted slept pretty much the entire rest of the day.
- Eating way too much popcorn.
- John letting me FINALLY throw away his college laundry hamper. Thing was a weapon. It was one of those retraceable mesh circle ones and the mesh was ripping away and a sharp wire had been poking out and I've ran into to many a times. So now we have two matching laundry baskets. Just how I always pictured married life ;)
- Cleaned out the random drawer in the kitchen were I was hoarding like 600 packets of soy sauce and red pepper flakes.
- Tried to teach Ted to roll over. Not interested.
- Started a new book that had me all in my head for way too long, but I'm writing a post about when I'm done so, to be continued...
- Dusted the ceiling fan in our bedroom that we've been saying for weeks that we needed to dust.
- Finally got into this season of Orange Is The New Black.
- Threw together the best dinner idea- mini naan breads (from Costco) spread with mediterranean hummus, spinach, grilled chicken, pepperchini's and beets. (eaten pizza style or folded in half) Already planning on eating it again later this week. (Note to self- buy feta cheese.)
- Fell asleep during True Detective again last night. Anyone else??
- Did all the laundry, cleaned the toilet, bathed my pup, cut my finger nails...should I stop now? Yes, probably. Ok well, wishing everyone a great week, and hopefully we'll blink and it's Friday again right!